The purpose of a well structured digital strategy is to uncover the business' competitive landscape, marketing opportunities and the customer's 'path of least resistance'. Doing this well means websites significantly increase their value as marketing collateral while decreasing the budget and time required for existing marketing efforts.
1 - Strategy co-design meeting
- Give an overview of the project and our approach to a digital marketing strategy. This will include:
- Explanation of inbound marketing,
- Definition of the ideal customer,
- Explanation of marketing tactics used in strategy including the skyscraping approach.
- Co-design customer journey,
- Collaboratively list two customer ‘pain points’ and draft empathy maps,
- Gain further understanding of the product offering, brand, pricing and competitors.
- Unpack the next steps and give an overview of what the final strategy will include.
- 1x 1.5 to 2 hour workshop for four to six staff.
2 - Desk Research
- Review website, google analytics, search console, and social media. Identify any UX and technical SEO issues.
- Review any business documents including business plans, mission and vision statements, etc that aid in the direction of marketing plans.
- Research target market’s online behaviour and preferred digital touch points.
- Complete a competitors website landscape analysis.
- Complete SEO keyword research to identify essential terms for the website and marketing materials including blog articles.
3 - Inbound Marketing Strategy
- Distill findings and insights on target market:
- Finalise empathy map for the ideal customer of each business: what do they think, feel, want.
- Answer what media do they consume and what is their path to purchase, what digital channels are required, what role does SEO play.
- Finalise customer journey - highlight what is information is needed during the following decision-making phases:
- Awareness: what offsite communications and platforms are needed to gain attention including keywords for blog content.
- Consideration: what information required during early decision making. What updates need to be made to the website to rank in Google. Provide draft scamps that act as guides for web designers.
- Action: how would lead generation work in the final stages of converting a customer. What data capture, CMS and tracking is required.
- Advocacy: what communications are required after sales. How can Word of Mouth be leveraged to further fuel marketing.
- Final triaged listed of marketing recommendations - unpack tasks so they are able to be actioned.
- 1x Slide strategy document with supporting spreadsheets of raw data.
- 1x Presentation and marketing education session of 1 - 2 hours.
- 1x Final list of triaged action highlighting required staff skill set to complete.
- Develop brief for chosen web development agency.
- Develop brief in-line with the approved strategy from above. List out essential website functionality required for web agency to quote costs of website build.
- Review quote as needed.
- Source and brief digital performance agency - set up contact, brief and hand over management to client.
- Attain quotes for SEO, AdWords and online advertising tasks as defined in strategy.
- Brief agency based on approved digital strategy with first quarter action and annual KPIs.
- Review SLAs and budget channel splits.
- 2x written briefs.
- Communications and documentation as required.